Friday, May 4, 2012

Star Wars Day!

For Stars Wars day I decided to do a little fashion interpretation of lovely Princess Leia!

Here is my Fashion Interpretation of Leia's white dress outfit


I decided on a white, empire waist tunic tank top is what I like to call it :) 
I chose the royal blue leggings because they kind of remind me on intergalactic jedi tight pants haha
I know Leia wears boots but all mine are in storage for summer so I chose my sparkly flats that are kind of intergalactic star looking! And Leia doesn't wear earrings but these are pretty futuristic! This is why I like fashion interpretations because they don't have to be spot on (obviously I'm not going to go out and buy a full length white tunic dress!! as if!)
Tank top: Forever 21
Leggings: Shopko
Earrings & Shoes: Aldo

For the hair I went with a queen Amidala look :) Who doesn't love Natalie Portman??

Now for my DIY! 
I apologize in advance that some of my pics are kind of blurry and they're yellow, my lighting sucked!
Step 1: The part
Part your hair right down the middle! If you want you can get it more straight than that!
Step 2: School girl pigtails
Make school girl pigtails like your mama used to do for you in elementary school!
Step 3: Teasing
Pretty much just split up your hair in two parts and tease them. This adds a little more body! If you want it to be pretty sleek looking you can use some hair serum or hair oil here on the ends of your hair.
Step 4: Do the twist! haha!
Twist the hair loosely out and towards the back of the head
Step 5: Formin' buns!



You pretty much bring your twist towards the front of your head and wrap around from there! The bun will form itself. Then you bring the end around a second time and pin it. This creates the double bun effect!
Step 6: Fan!
Fan your bun out to the size you want it! If you have longer hair it will probably be a lot bigger than mine turned out! Pin it so the fan will stay up!

And there you have it! Cute little Amidala buns! :) Hope you enjoyed it and...

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment