Monday, May 14, 2012

DIY Ombre Hair

I've been wanting to Ombre my hair for a while now so, my sister and I have been looking for an easy way to do it ourselves. Here it is!
This is what I used

















I knew I could use bleach but I didn't want to damage my hair that much (especially since I haven't dyed my hair in over two years) then I found this stuff! It still damages your hair of course just not as much as bleach would. All you have to do is spray it on your hair where you want it to be lightened then run your flat iron over it! It lightens your hair instantly! It is sort of like the stuff you spray in your hair to let the sun lighten it but instead of the sun a flat iron! What I did was sprayed about 3/4 of the ends of my hair, washed it that night, then did it a second time the next day to about 1/2 way up my hair so it faded into each other. 


These are my before and afters!
I loves my natural color but i needed to do something for this summer! And the Ombre trend might only be in for a year or so, so what better time then now??


After (the sun made my skin look so bright haha and i brushed out my curls so you could see it better!)



 I put my hair up in a bun so you could see the difference between the roots and the ends
This is how it looks in the sun!
This is how it looks in florescent light!
I'm totally in love with it!!















If you want an instructional video this one is pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aza6H_6CnOU
She says it's non-damaging but that's false. Any heat you apply to your hair or if you're changing your hair color damages your hair no matter how subtle!
Hope you enjoyed!
Comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment