Tuesday, May 28, 2013

HOW TO: Get soft, silky hair! (plus, tips on how to make your hair grow quick!)

Hi there! Long time, no post. For the past year I've had a lot of changes in my life and kind of gave up on this for a while but I'm back and ready to give it another shot!

Here are the steps on how I keep my hair soft and silky smooth; the first is the easiest, a silk pillow case. One reason this helps is because It's a fabric that won't stick to our hair. This allows the hair to move freely in the night as we move around instead of sticking. This is great especially for someone like me who can't stay in the same position for very long!
For those of us who don't live somewhere that has plenty of humidity, like me It's good to get moisture to your hair and one way you can do that is by staying in the bathroom a little longer after the shower to let the steam soak up into your hair and letting it air dry. You can also do this with the next step, just sit in the steam while the mask soaks soaking into your hair.
The next thing is to mask your hair every week. There are some hair masks you can buy like the Joico K Pak deep conditioner is the one I used to use but I always make my own now because It's much less expensive. There are a lot of different ingredients you can use for this but I personally like using coconut oil! This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpZfj1HPPy4) has a good recipe, I just tweaked it a little by using all vitamin e oil for the extra oils she uses. Other things you can use are avocados, mayo, eggs, olive oil (or any oil) which all do about the same thing so I normally just stick to the coconut oil because out of those things it smells the best! All you have to do is put this mask on and let it sit for at least 30 min then shampoo it out.
This last thing I suggest is trimming your hair every 6 weeks or so. This will keep your spit ends away ( BTW there is no other way of getting rid of split ends no matter what product says they can, they're liars lol) this will give the hair a chance to nourish the entire strand and help it grow faster!

From this:


To this:


Thanks for the pics google!

Loves to everyone! Thanks for reading!

1 comment: